
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
I read an article on that a few weeks ago. Kinda sounds like the owners were hoarders or at least borderline. Sure would be an awesome auction to attend if money wasn't an issue.
Audio_by_Goodwill
Michigan, USA
That's the stuff dreams are made of!
Not all vegetables make good leaders.

C'mon now. A '63 Impala Coupe, 327, 3 on the tree in red with a white hard top. 4 miles. Sweeeet.
It will be interesting to see what these actually sell for. None of them are iconic cars. Maybe the Corvair or Silver Anniversay Vette, but the rest are cool only because of the story and the low miles. Once you drive them, that part of the value equation is gone.
Yeah, but how cool is it to buy a new 50s or 60s Chevy with < 20mi, and still has the window sticker? Even if you do have to restore it a bit? Priceless.

Have you driven in a 1963 Chevy? Give me my 2010 Honda Pilot any day.
And these cars have been sitting around for 50 years. I'd better every bit of rubber and every seal and gasket would need to be replaced before it's OK to drive.
The good news is you don't have to worry about mice chewing on the computer wires. But I bet they have a nice, low-rent condo network going on in the upholstery.
I have a friend that lives about 60 miles from there and knows the former owner. He's going to probably make the drive just for the spectacle. Lets just say this auction should be "interesting".

Honestly don't remember. It wasn't mine, I owned the Vette.
A 409 Impala is nothing to sneeze at though. Way back I owned a 61, originally a 348, but swapped for a 409 acquired from a wrecked Fire chief's car.
I could haul the family and pull tree stumps out of the ground, neither of which the Mazda could do.
Cars are one of those things, my feeling is competing brands should just give each other a polite nod. I'm a Blue Oval guy. But a couple of the best I have driven have been Chevies. I respect rice burners, not my cup of tea. I like classic American iron.
Your neighbors called. They like your music.

With ease I bet.. The Chevy 409 has always been one of my favorite engines of all time.. The 427 is based on the 409 engine from the 1963 Sport Coupe (409/Z11) Impala.
With torque reaching upwards of 575 Ft.Lbs. of torque for the Z11 (409/427),that is phenomenal.The norm is 425 ft.lbs. for the 409.
Chevrolet Big-Block engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://www.348-409.com/specs.html
Bookmarks